When someone asks you out remember 3 tips:
- Has he or she done anything that bothers you?
- Are your friends warning you about them?
- Are your friends or your family concerned about your safety if you go out with this person?
Always know the person before saying "yes" to hanging out with them.
When hanging out with friends:
Double-dating with friends, or hanging out in a group of friends is the safest way to hang out.
- Coffee shop
- Bowling Alley
- A park
- Movie Theater
- Always tell a parent or another adult where you are going and approximately what time you will be home.
- Have your cell phone or enough money to make a phone call home in case of an emergency.
- If you become uncomfortable for any reason DO NOT ignore it!!
- Know where phones and exit doors are, in case you need to use them.
TRUST yourself, you will know when a situation is wrong. Do not be afraid to get out of the situation as fast as possible. Always have someone to call if you need help.